Terms & Conditions
Our Terms & Conditions
These booking terms and conditions will form part of your contract with Footloose Sailing Adventures LLP (registered office: The Old Chapel, Marsh Road, Upton, Norfolk, NR13 6BS) for all the arrangements you book with us.
Booking & Payment at the time of booking, the client shall pay to Footloose Sailing Adventures LLP the 25% deposit or full payment (if booking made within 6 weeks of the event starting), on returning the booking form at which time these Terms & Conditions shall become binding.
The balance of your event must be paid at least 6 weeks before your event start date. If the balance is not paid on time, we may cancel your place on the event and apply the cancellation charges set out in the paragraph headed “Cancellation or Amendment” below. The event deposit is non-refundable unless we are unable to honour your original booking request.
Booking Procedure & Requirements At the time of booking we will send the following: –
- Booking Form – to be completed, signed & returned, together with your 25% deposit or full payment if within 6 weeks of the event starting
- Terms & Conditions
- Details of event booked
6 Weeks before the start of your event we will send the following: –
- Final balance reminder
- Event Joining Instructions
Cancellation or Amendment In the event of the client cancelling the booking more than 30 days prior to the event start date, Footloose Sailing Adventures LLP will be entitled to keep the deposit and refund any balance to the student.
In the event of the Client cancelling the booking within 30 days prior to the event start date, the event fees are not refundable. If we are able to re-book the place on that event, a proportion of the event fee may be refunded at the discretion of Footloose Sailing Adventures LLP
Cancellation must be received in writing.
Footloose Sailing Adventures may cancel the booking at any time upon repayment to the client of all sums already paid. Refunds will be limited to fees paid.
If you wish to make any amendments to your event booking, i.e. change of date, we will make every effort to accommodate this, but any changes may be subject to a sum of £20 to cover our administrative costs. Requests for amendments must be made in writing.
Obligations of the Student
- The details provided by the client on the event booking form are complete and accurate.
- To ensure they do not take any action, which jeopardises the safety of fellow clients, skippers or vessels.
- The client undertakes to comply with all seagoing rules and regulations currently in force and to obey the reasonable requests of the Skipper.
- To observe standards of personal conduct which will not be considered offensive by fellow crew members or neighbouring vessels.
- Smoking or vaping is not permitted on or near any Footloose Sailing Adventures vessel or while handling sails.
- Not to bring aboard any restricted or illegal goods such as drugs, firearms or explosives.
- No animals or pets may be taken aboard.
- In the event of unacceptable behaviour, Footloose Sailing Adventures reserves the right to terminate the offending clients event. Under such circumstance’s fees will not be refunded.
Obligations of Footloose Sailing Adventures LLP
- To deliver the yacht in good and seaworthy condition complete with all items stated in the yacht’s inventory and fully compliant with MCA regulations.
- To provide a fully qualified Skipper to deliver the event.
- To insure and keep insured the yacht against fire and all usual marine and collision risks and including third party risks to such an extent as Footloose Sailing Adventures LLP in its absolute discretion shall deem appropriate. Such insurance policy does not cover injury to or loss of life of any person on board against which the client should insure prior to the event start date.
- If during the event the yacht shall be damaged or there is a breakdown of the gear or machinery and the yacht is unfit for use, Footloose Sailing Adventures LLP will endeavour to provide an alternative yacht to enable the event to continue. If an alternative yacht cannot be found, then the event may be postponed or cancelled or may be rescheduled to another date to suit all parties. Engine breakdown in an auxiliary yacht does not make the yacht unfit for use under this agreement.
Age Limits Students under 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Students between 16 and 18 must have their booking form countersigned by a parent or guardian.
Complaints Should you have reason to make a complaint, please make it known to your Skipper at the earliest possible time. We would like the opportunity to deal with any complaints at the time they arise so we can rectify them immediately. Should you feel your complaint was not dealt with satisfactorily please contact, Ian Patience on tel: 07860 658 430. All complaints will be recorded to enable us to monitor our performance.
Insurance All our yachts are fully insured against accident, third party liability and personal injury arising from neglect by Footloose Sailing Adventures LLP. We accept no liability for personal accident or loss or damage to the property of the client.
Health Sailing is an activity sport and it is the responsibility of the clients to ensure they are healthy and fit to take part. Please check with your GP if you are in any doubt. If for whatever reason, the skipper has to put a client ashore or administer medical aid, Footloose Sailing Adventures LLP or its skippers or other partners accept no liabilities. If a health condition arises that prevents a client from taking part in a course, this shall be regarded as cancellation by the client and the cancellation procedure above will apply.
Swimmers It is strongly recommended that all those participating in the sport of sailing should be able to swim. It is essential the skipper in charge of the event should know if any clients are non-swimmers and should require non-swimmers to wear life jackets at all times when on deck or in a dinghy.
Late Arrivals Footloose Sailing Adventures LLP will make every effort to revise sailing timetables to accommodate late arrivals. However, if such delays affect the event, the skipper may decide to sail without the delayed client. In such cases, no refund will be given.
Weather Should the Skipper determine the weather to be unsuitable or dangerous for sailing, he may take the decision not to sail the yacht in these conditions. Clients must respect his decision, even if this may lead to postponement or, in extreme cases, cancellation of the event.
Force Majeure No liability shall accrue to either party if the other is prevented from fulfilling any of his obligations hereunder by any incidence of Force Majeure, including Act of God, strikes, lock out, Act of Government or Authority or any other occurrence whether similar or dissimilar wholly beyond the control of either party.
Law & Disputes This Agreement is subject to English law. In the event of a dispute arising under this Agreement, the parties agree to use reasonable endeavours to resolve such a dispute by negotiation. If such negotiation fails, any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be submitted to the jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.